A one-month celebration to increase public awareness of alopecia areata in local communities across the nation. Help bring attention and understanding to alopecia areata and the need for an acceptable treatment.
Every month of September until there is a cure for alopecia areata.
Increase public awareness of alopecia areata, the need for an FDA-approved treatment, engage new supporters, and have fun!
- Hold or sponsor a family-friendly awareness event in your area. Possibilities include: office or school jeans days, walk-a-thons, bowl-a-thons, Run/Walk (Tortoise & Hair™), Barbeque, Benefit Concert, Birthday Party, Book Sale, Bowl-a-thon, Car Wash, Craft Fair, Garage/Yard Sale, Garden Tour, Wine & Cheese Reception and more!
- Organize an awareness day with your local Major or Minor League Baseball team.
- Arrange to display and distribute alopecia areata educational brochures at public libraries, community centers or other popular places.
- Connect and collaborate with local NAAF support groups in order to pool resources and increase attention and publicity for your event.
- Contact NAAF to broadcast your event on our website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Contact local businesses for support in sponsoring your event.
- Contact local newspaper, television and radio stations, and arrange for a personal interview.
You! Alopecia Areata Awareness Month is a way to share your story so your community can better understand alopecia areata. Tap into your interests and talents, whether that involves hosting a small event, planning a large-scale fundraiser, writing to your local paper, or staffing an alopecia areata information booth at a local health fair.
Contact the NAAF Office at 415.472.3780 to schedule your event today and gain guidance on making it a success!
NAAF Rounds The Bases With Team Up Events!
As September is Alopecia Areata Awareness Month, once again our friends in both major and minor league baseball organizations show their support for NAAF as we “Team Up for Alopecia Areata!”
Sixteen teams (so far!) including the Philadelphia Phillies, Los Angeles Dodgers. Colorado Rockies, and NAAF’s hometown heroes, the three-time champion San Francisco Giants have scheduled events and many will be hosting a variety of activities including awareness booths, public service announcements, first pitches, and more!
Teams and events will be announced as we confirm them.
Like to see your team get in the game? Contact Gary Sherwood at email@example.com if you would like to host an awareness event with your local major or minor league team.
And remember, awareness isn’t only for baseball! We strongly encourage other sporting awareness events in September and throughout the year. Let us know your favorite sport and what you would like to do to raise alopecia areata awareness.
Root, root, root for the home team…and let’s increase awareness today!