“The tyranny of Duterte will run much shorter than that of Marcos for reasons that are now obvious to the people,” Jose Ma. Sison said.
MANILA, Philippines — Having been rebuffed by the military over his predictions that President Duterte would be ousted soon, Communist Party of the Philippines (CCP) founding chairman Jose Ma. Sison continued to rant against the current administration.
Sison, in his Twitter post, said the hubris and power mania of the tyrant can go on until he discovers that he, with his violence and lies, is fully counter-encircled by the broad masses of the people.
Sison was referring to Duterte, who he slammed for his decision to suspend the agreed resumption of the stalled peace negotiations in Oslo, Norway late this month.
“The tyranny of Duterte will run much shorter than that of Marcos for reasons that are now obvious to the people,” Sison said.
Sison, in an earlier post on social media, predicted the downfall of Duterte and his administration “sooner than later.”
He said Duterte’s decision to suspend peace negotiations only triggered a “people’s war to advance, causing his removal from Malacañang.”
The military dismissed Sison’s warning, describing it as “old hat,” considering he has been raising the same threats every time the peace talks fail, but the communist rebels never got close to unseating the duly-constituted authorities.
“We don’t know where Mr. Sison derives his temerity to make such threat when members of the New People’s Army (NPA) continue surrender in droves in the face of the AFP’s tactical, intelligence and civil-military operations that enjoy the support of the Filipino people,” Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) spokesman Col. Edgard Arevalo said earlier.
Joaquin Jacinto, spokesman of the National Democratic Front in Mindanao, said Duterte’s decision to cancel the June 28 peace talks showed his partiality to militarism and his deceit over the pursuit of just and lasting peace.
Jacinto said Duterte cannot just dictate and impose his will on the process.
Jacinto rejected the latest attempt of the government “to once again sabotage and derail the peace process” by arbitrarily cancelling the resumption of the formal peace negotiations set on June 28.
Jacinto said the talk of peace from Duterte is “apparently nothing but a subterfuge to veil its fascism.”
He said Duterte is using consultations as an excuse for calling off the talks. “It even went as far as inviting individuals from the revolutionary movement as resource persons to these so-called consultations.”
Jacinto said this is also to lay the ground for Duterte and the military’s insistence to hold the peace talks in the Philippines and conduct “localized peace talks.”
“Apart from the demand for the venue of the talks to be transferred to the Philippines, which is a glaring violation of the The Hague Joint Declarations, Duterte has also demanded the return of Prof. Jose Maria Sison to the country as a pre-condition, one which exposes Prof. Sison to mortal danger,” Jacinto said.
He branded the peace consultations as “dubious.”
“If the government is truly serious about consulting the people, it should hold them during and within the terms of the formal peace negotiations,” he said.
Presidential adviser on the peace process Jesus Dureza dismissed earlier reports that the military is behind the cancellation of the peace talks with the rebels.
Dureza said Duterte cancelled the resumption of formal peace talks in Oslo after government peace panel chairman Silvestre Bello III briefed the President on the status of the back-channel talks.
Duterte has suspended all back-channel talks, citing the need to study for three months all the agreements previously signed by the government and the NDF.
Communist rebels, on the other hand, continued their attacks while the military is closely monitoring the NPA’s infiltration activities in areas close to urban centers.
NPA spokesman John Malaya justified the burning of heavy equipment in Mabinay, Negros Oriental last month, citing the failure of the construction firm to comply with the order to cease construction of a road.
The NPA also owned up to burning another heavy equipment used in the construction of a water dam in Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental.
Officials said the construction firms failed to pay “revolutionary taxes.”
Government troops, meanwhile, foiled a planned attack of the NPA on a village peace rally last Thursday in Davao del Norte.
Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, 10th Infantry Division commander, said a soldier was wounded in the incident.
Clement said the troops managed to frustrate the planned attack of some 20 rebels at a gathering in Barangay Sto. Nino, Talaingod. – With Jose Rodel Clapano, Gilbert Bayoran
The Philippine Star) – June 24, 2018 – 12:00am
All photographs, news, editorials, opinions, information, data
other shave been taken from the Internet. For comments, Email to :
ASEANEWS | email@example.com