What are some tips for starting a blog?
It is always hard to start without having a good picture of what you do want to create. Today there are millions of helping tools and everyone is empowered to create a blog. The only question that is still hovering in the air is – how to start a successful blog?
So let’s go – here are some tips for those who are just starting and even for those who already have a blog:
- Choose your blog niche. It’s easy to start a blog if you already know what you want to talk about but even if you don’t have your own topic, don’t give up – there are numerous bloggers who started with one idea and ended up with the other one.You are creating a company or have a product? Writing a blog about it could become a great marketing strategy that would drag more attention to your business.
- Have something for the start. A lot of people start a blog without even knowing what to write about, it’s not the end of the world but surely you can do better!Before starting a blog, gather up some materials around you that can be used in the blog – photos, some thoughts written down. Having something for the start obligates you to create a blog and not procrastinate with only thought about having it.
- Select an interesting domain name. Forget all the boring ones and find a name that stands out. There are some interesting TLDs for your domain, you don’t have to use .com, with imagination you can make even .online TLD attractive!
Also, these tips can help to select the best domain name for you:
Make the domain memorable – keep it short and simple, you can use domain checkers to help you find the one that fits you best!
Know your audience – domain target keywords are really important to your audience so make it relevant.
Less but better – avoid any hyphens, numbers or non-unicode characters in the domain name. It could be too difficult to remember or hard to understand.
Check for popular keywords – with the domain checker you can find domains with popular keywords. Also, it can help you find domains with the same name and variations, buying those can help you to protect your brand.
Protect your privacy – make sure that privacy protection is activated for your domain name. This will hide your private data from the WHOIS database.
Be fast to be first – hurry up as the domain you want can be bought within seconds!
- Analyze the blogs you like. It is so much easier to start with an example. I am not talking about copying others, just getting some inspiration and finding successful methods. Don’t forget to analyze which blogs are getting the most traffic – SimilarWeb can help you out with that. If a blog is getting a lot of traffic, research what could be the key factors of that.You can even analyze the SEO strategy of other websites! Neil Patel allows you to do that through his own website.
- Remember that SEO is important but Content is still the king. No one ever got traffic without doing anything BUT it doesn’t mean that expensive ads will give you what you want. The most important thing here is content and you need to make sure it’s rock-solid, though SEO is also playing a huge role in blogging.
- Set up social media platforms. Online presence is important and using social media can help you increase your user engagement. It’s the best tool to notify people about new articles and plans. Facebook and Instagram can help you grow and receive feedback from your readers directly. Also, you can implement the links from your blog post to Facebook and Instagram to gain more followers there and create a community for them.As social media channels (and even effective ones) the personal profiles can be used too. A lot of bloggers have their blogs linked in the “About me” section of their Facebook and Instagram profiles. Self-promotion for friends and followers can increase traffic and popularity.
- Create a top-notch design. Even when content is so important, you have to make sure that your visitors can easily read it and find it. The eye-catching design is a must to keep the readers in the blog for more than a few seconds. You can create a design yourself, or you can use existing templates – WordPress has a lot of them! If you have no idea about the latest trends, give a shot for a minimalistic look. It will make your blog look more professional and easy to navigate.
Congrats! Now your blog is ready to storm the internet. Be sure to keep it updated and it will stay on the successful path. Here Google Analytics and other platforms that help to track your blog growth or plan its future will come in handy. A goal without a plan is just a wish, so make it real and enjoy the journey!
SPACE RESERVE FOR ADVERTISTMENT